Murfreesboro, Nashville, and Middle Tennessee
Lucas Motorworks, Welding, & Fabrication is a local shop serving a variety of customers including industrial, commercial, and homeowners.
We will consider all project sizes and applications – large, small, simple, or complex. Call or message any time if you have questions about custom fabrication.
The difference between welding and fabrication.
Welding and fabricating go hand-in-hand; however, welding is typically perceived as the repair side of metalworking. Fabrication is a process by which we create custom (often from scratch) assemblies, structures, components, or any other functional part(s) that perform specific jobs.
Some of these projects go beyond metal and use other materials such as plastics, polycarbonates, woods, and acrylics.
Fabrication is about making your idea a reality. We’ve been handed formal architect blueprints, vague sketches on a napkin, and everything between. It’s our job to formalize your needs into a practical design and build a functional product.
As some projects are more complicated or detailed than others, we try to offer a one-stop approach. This means we’d like to see your project to the end, if possible.
…and many more. These are just a few examples.
Safety is #1 in Custom Fabrication
Safety is the most critical component. Understanding the final product or structure, the environment in which it will live, and who might interact with it is important. When it comes to forward-thinking, we consider a variety of factors as so the project can withstand its intended use long-term.
The Quality of Your Fabricator
Our team strives to maintain high-end performance in each build for a lasting product. Product-oriented procedures that offer assurance in fabrication technique, documentation handling, and final product quality are accomplished through a thorough review of specifications, initial inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, and testing of the finished product.
Shipping Custom Fabricated Products
- Most customers choose to pick up on-site; however, delivery options are available.
- We have a variety of transportation/shipping options for local, state, and out-of-state delivery.
- Based on your location and the size of the project, different rates apply.
Depending on the situation, fabrication projects may require was to visit you, such as with factories and warehouses, field builds, installations, or emergency situations. In other cases, due to the size of the project, we may need to transport the product in pieces and assemble the final product on-site. Basically, any project where the final product cannot fit safely on a trailer or the environment calls for us to ensure it’s working properly in its final resting spot.
We serve middle Tennessee with mobile welding and fabricating, and we’ve been doing it for years! We actively help with various applications, including:
- Facility and/or machinery repair insurance claims
- Structural and floor plan management for new facility construction or existing facility development
- Gates, railings, structural, aesthetic, restoration, and historical for residential communities
- Rural and agricultural structures and equipment
- Mobile classroom, commercial trailer, containers, loading docks, and job site construction
- Earthmover, excavation equipment, and landscape storage
- Product development, new product, or immovable product builds
- Transportation, locomotive, and security containers