Warehouses & Factories
Murfreesboro, Nashville, and Middle Tennessee
Our welding capabilities can accommodate food-grade facilities, refrigerated facilities, government warehouses, factories, storage solutions, and many other operational buildings.
New construction, reconstruction, remodeling, and repair in warehouses and factories can occur for a variety of reasons. From ground level to the top of our local logistics facilities.
Experiences Working in Warehouses
LucasMWF specializes in a variety of welding/fabrication operations. We’re capable of traveling multi-state and we have multiple trucks, welding machines, materials handling equipment, cranes, and man-lifts. LucasMWF is also a metal supplier, which means we can ship materials direct-to-site, eliminating the possibility of lacking materials.
- Manufacturing facilities
- Food processing plants
- Distribution centers
- Cold storage warehouses
- Agricultural warehouses
- Retail warehouses
- E-commerce fulfillment centers
- Small-scale production facilities
- Recycling centers and waste management facilities
- Construction materials warehouses
We discuss more Government and Sealed/Sanitary Warehouses below.
Safety: Welding in Factories & Warehouses
OSHA Certified Welders
OSHA safety standards are vital for welding in commercial warehouses as they help protect our workers’ health, ensure our legal compliance, minimize liability, and further prove that LucasMWF fosters a culture of safety.
Each of our welders and fabricators has a diverse background, which allows us to work through any challenges. All our staff are also experienced equipment operators in a variety of material handling equipment and man lifts including tracked machines, off-road equipment, knuckle booms, and light cranes.
Since the vast majority of projects with warehouses and factories happen outside of our shop, we have a fleet of equipment constantly on the move. We’re well-equipped and prepared to travel across Tennessee and beyond. Learn more about mobile welding.
We equip all on-site technicians with high visibility attire, hard hats, safety glasses, and hearing protection. In confined spaces, all staff are equipped with respirators. In certain sanitary conditions, the fabricators may wear non-standard attire to avoid particles or contaminants.
Communication is Key
Effective communication is essential for ensuring safety, efficiency, quality, and collaboration in warehouse and factory welding jobs. We have a project manager working on every project as a technician, for safety compliance, and as a point of contact.
- Safety: Welding involves a range of potential hazards, including high temperatures, electrical hazards, fumes, and ultraviolet radiation.
- Quality control: Proper communication ensures that the welder understands the requirements, specifications, and standards of the job.
- Collaboration: Welding in warehouses and factories often involves working with other professionals, such as your project managers, building maintenance professionals, engineers, technicians, or quality inspectors.
- Efficiency: Time is money. Good communication minimizes misunderstandings and delays, leading to more efficient operations.
- Continuous improvement: Open communication allows our welders to learn from one another, share best practices, and discuss ways to improve their techniques.
Available upon request – we will have a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) on-site to oversee staff performance and evaluate existing welds. This is an additional service.
Welding in Government Warehouses
Government factories and warehouses are facilities owned and operated by federal, state, or local governments that may include manufacturing, storage, and distribution.
- Government administrative and state buildings
- Government-owned munitions factories
- Government vehicle assembly plants
- National stockpile facilities
- Government-owned distribution facilities
- Government pharmaceutical facilities
- Postal distribution centers
- State-owned warehouses for disaster relief
- Government printing facilities
- Public transit facilities
- Government-owned research facilities
We’re able to provide all the necessary credentials and validation information needed to authorize LucasMWF to interact with government projects. This includes drug testing, background checks, and performance reviews.
Welding in Sealed or Sanitary Warehouses
Sealed or sanitary warehouses are facilities designed to maintain strict hygienic conditions, control contamination, and ensure the quality and safety of stored goods.
- Avoiding gasoline or diesel-based machines such as generators
- Tie into the building’s electrical
- Provide propane-driven generators
- Run 1000+ feet of 220volt power cable or over 2000 feet of lead cable
Examples of sealed or sanitary warehouses include:
- Food storage warehouses
- Pharmaceutical warehouses
- Cold storage facilities
- Cleanroom facilities
- Hazardous material storage facilities
- Biological sample storage facilities
- Medical device warehouses
- Wine and spirits storage facilities
- Agricultural storage facilities