Lucas MWF is in search of a Shop Assistant who can enhance our fabrication teams. This position will expose you to a wide variety of projects and operations both in the shop and out in the elements. In addition to working alongside fabricators of varying skill sets, the Shop Assistant will be learning the equipment, the fabrication processes, and professional production practices. He/she will also need to be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and collaborate in a team environment.
- This position requires an up-to-date resume in addition to a completed application.
- Full-time, year-round
- Hourly pay, paid weekly
- Day shifts, 8-10 hours per day
- Non-standard hours may be periodically required
- Maintenance of shop inventory and equipment
- Possible travel, within 100 miles
- Work interdependently to accomplish tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for a shop consumable inventory, tool maintenance, and cleaning
- Assist the fabricators and office personnel when needed
- Manage metal inventory and stocking
- Will be responsible for lifting 50+ lbs periodically
- Operate equipment, including but not limited to lathes, drill press, grinders, saw and cutting table, forklifts, scissor lifts, and material lifts.
- Willingness to periodically complete mobile welding operations
- Must possess a wide range of your own basic hand tools and some mechanical skills
- High school diploma / equivalent
- Must have some familiarity with all common metal types including but not limited to copper, light-weight aluminum, industrial iron metals, stainless steel, carbon steel, nickel, copper, and aluminum.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics
- Must be willing to receive instruction and participate in team meetings
- Understanding of basic hand and power tools and their use
- Ability to promote workplace safety and lead by example
- Insurable driver’s license is a must (through our provider)
- Reliable transportation
$12-14 per hour, depending on experience.
- Competitive base pay
- On-the-job training in other niche areas such as, but not limited to, abrasive blasting, coatings, machining, blacksmithing, and equipment repair